Education ReEnvisioned BOCES oversees the Special Education Programs and Services of its authorized schools and programs.
The parent or school can request that the special education process and an evaluation begin. The team must address the following statements and determine a student's eligibility based on the appropriate disability category.
- The evaluation has been sufficiently comprehensive to appropriately identify all of the child's special education and related service needs, whether or not commonly linked to the disability category.
- The student cannot receive reasonable educational benefits from general education alone.
- The student's performance is not due to a lack of appropriate instruction in reading, math or limited English proficiency.
A student will be evaluated, and the IEP team will determine if an educational disability is evident in one or more of the following eligibility criteria.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Developmental Delay
- Hearing Impairment, Including Deafness
- Intellectual Disability
- Multiple Disabilities
- Orthopedic Impairment
- Other Health Impaired
- Serious Emotional Disability
- Specific Learning Disability
- Speech or Language Impairment
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Visual Impairment, Including Blindness
Please reach out to your individual school or program for additional information.